[LON-CAPA-users] MSU Server Availability and Nice Little Review

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:19:24 -0400

Hi,

I have good and bad news:

Bad news: the MSU LON-CAPA servers will be unavailable on Monday,
August 22nd, and Tuesday, August 23rd, as we are doing a major
hardware and software upgrade (adding one complete additional rack)
in preparation for our expanding user base at MSU. We are also adding
different hardware platforms (AMD 64-bit) and software platforms
(Redhat Enterprise Edition) to our own server pool, so we can
troubleshoot and detect issues at other institutions with a faster
turnaround. Due to content replication, this should in no way affect
your running courses, but it will temporarily limit your ability to
search for and incorporate previously unused MSU content.

Good news: Nice little review, http://www.campussource.de/aktuelles/
docs/icalt2005.pdf .

- Gerd.