[LON-CAPA-users] student access to previous answers

John Merrill lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:45:52 -0400

Hmmm.  I can imagine an argument for not presenting past wrong answers,
though it would definitely be a philosophical thing:

First, remember that they don't get charged for identical wrong answers
(as far as I know). Maybe the philosophy _against_  showing previous
wrong answers could be that you want them thinking through what the
answer SHOULD be, not by process of elimination what it must be. On the
other hand, arguing _for_ divulging, might be that finally finding out
what the correct answer is by process of elimination could constitute a
formative process, leading to some learning, after all.

John

*** merrill3@msu.edu ***
John Merrill, Director
Biological Sciences Program