[LON-CAPA-users] formatting hardcopy of Homework sets

Steven Pollock lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:42:00 -0600

Hi Guy (or anyone else!)

Thanks for the reply below to Mike, I too am am interested in this.

Your solution changes the behaviour of the tag "textline", but now I'm
wondering how I would have known that "textline" was involved in the
first place? I.e, how do I get to look at the tex code that is being
produced for printing a problem?

I ask because, although your fix did get rid of the box, there are
OTHER things we'd like to get rid of in the printout (e.g., the "Tries
0/6" line, and for that matter the excessive blank space between
problems) We do have this printout issue that we *can't* let a set ever
go over 2 pages (i.e. double sided), so we'd like to "trim up" the tex
printouts as much as reasonable.

Alternatively - has anyone out there dealt with this problem and
produced a .sty file you could post here?
(I'm not a tex whiz, so that'd be a far better solution, really!)

Lastly, (probably related): is there a way to FORCE a page break after
a problem on the written printout? It happens sometimes that the title
of a problem appears at the bottom of a column, and then the rest of
the problem continues in the next column. It'd be very cool if we could
force the break so the title stayed with the problem.

Thanks much, in advance!

--
Steven.Pollock@Colorado.EDU