[LON-CAPA-users] Mozilla Firefox

Thu, 9 Sep 2004 01:47:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ray et al,

The one thing I have seen so far is that some combination of actions by

1) launching/killing the remote
2) HTMLArea
3) javascript open

Leave Mozilla/Firefox in a state in which in no longer at all wants to
open new windows (Even File->New->Navigator Window), but is still
generally able to create new tabs.

This doesn't seem to be directly connected to the popup blocker as it
happens both when the popup blocker is in use and when it isn't.

Once in this state, you usually need to kill Mozilla as it File->Exit
is ineffective.

This problem seems more pronounced in Mozilla 1.7 then in 1.4

If some wants to spend a day a come up with an exact seqence of
events that make it go wacked, I'd love to have that sequence.
--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-4-