[LON-CAPA-users] subscripts in options

Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:15:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

> I just had to take subscript and superscript tags out of the foilgroup
> options list (the answers list) in an option response question because
> student responses that selected that option were not recorded.

Aye, html is not allowed in there, this is a limitation of HTML.
(the drop down boxes don't allow HTML in them)

> Here's the offending code:
> <foilgroup options="('Pyruvate','NADH','Lactate','NAD<sup>+</sup>')">
> But this works:
> <foilgroup options="('Pyruvate','NADH','Lactate','NAD+')">
>
> Is there a correct way to embed these tags in this location? If not, is
> there some other way to have subscripts or superscripts in option
> response foils?

<matchresponse> was created for this purpose.

With matchresponse the 'items' can contain anything, HTML, images,
<randomlabel> images, etc.

Give it a whir and see what you think.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-