[LON-CAPA-users] Exporting syllabus

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:37:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

A student contacted me to get my syllabus for my stat lon-capa course,
and I realized that this is not straightforward. My syllabus is a basic
html text file in lon-capa with no fancy symbols in it. I figured that I
could export it from lon-capa in one of two ways:

(1) use "Save As" in the browser and save it as an html file, then email
that as an attachment to the student. Or,

(2) export it as a pdf file and attach it to an email

None of the options are great. In case (1), the "Post Discussion" links
are included, as well as the navigation buttons at the top (if I use the
no-remote mode). case (2) is even worse. The pdf export of the file
looks very bad. Much worse than pdf files created by a tool like
PDFCreator. (2) is not really an option.

So the question is, does lon-capa have a way of nicely exporting
plain text/html files?

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~jensen/