[LON-CAPA-users] Due Dates

Flammer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 11:41:34 -0600 (MDT)

I am trying to see if there is a way to set the due date of a problem so
that it is 30 minutes after a student has first opened a problem.  This
would be used for online testing.

One idea we had was to have a preliminary part that they would answer
before the rest of the problem would show itself, and then use a
script program to set the due date equal to the timestamp for when the
student answered the preliminary part plus 30 minutes.  As far as I know,
you can access variables like the due date in the script, but I don't know
how to overwrite its value.  If there is a way to do this, then that would
work.  We know of a function Apache::lonnet::store, but it doesn't work
in the standard loncapa/perl scripts.  Please help!

-David and Chris