[LON-CAPA-users] Portable Exam Scanner

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 13:24:10 -0400

Hi Jim,

On May 25, 2004, at 1:11 PM, Jim Maxka wrote:

> Is there a way to hook up LON-CAPA to one of the many Class-Response
> Systems with their little clickers?

I have been looking into this extensively.

The problem is the "many" in the above statement. I think at MSU we are
running 3 systems by now. All of them have their own idiosyncrasies:
they are tied to strange deals with book publishers, are cost
prohibitive, require 3rd party registration and subscription, have too
few buttons, etc, etc,

>  These little thingies are getting quite popular here.  That would
> solve the paper entering jams. ---jim

The other problem is getting the answers linked with the question
numbers for anything that has more than one question at a time. There
is also no way for the kid to check back and/or correct what they have
submitted on a previous question.

So I have no good idea at the moment on how to use these as a
replacement for bubblesheet quizzes.

- Gerd.