[LON-CAPA-users] Portable Exam Scanner

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 09:09:21 -0400

Hi Mark,

It takes the scanner about one second to read a sheet. Of course, the
kids will pile up towards the end of a quiz. Don't know, 5 seconds per
kid total ... if there aren't problems.

Potential problems:

* so far, the scanner did not create paper jam - I do not know how hard
it will be to clear up a jam.
* in the absence of the additional LCD display, the scanner might
reject a sheet, and the kid does not know why. The display (not tested
yet) would say things like "OK" or "Question 3 missing," "Question 5
double marking," etc

- Gerd.