[LON-CAPA-users] Portable Exam Scanner

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 07:56:01 -0400

Hi,

For a grant project dealing with feedback on student assessment, we are
currently working on

  http://www.lon-capa.org/examscanner.html

This is a portable scanning station that can be used with LON-CAPA
randomized anonymous quizzes and exams. I personally would like to test
this in my course in the fall, and it might be available in the general
LON-CAPA in 2005. Since in LON-CAPA any homework question (including
textbook problems) can be used on bubble-sheet exams without any
additional coding, this would be a very quick way to give a quiz
anytime.

The price for the units as pictured is approximately $900. With a
feedback LCD-display (not tested yet), we are probably talking about
$1100. That is single quantity, no discounts.

Depending on what level of interest exists beyond our own grant
project, we might get more or less cooperation from the vendors in this
project - for example, custom forms to go with our solution.

Please let me know if your school/district/college/university might be
interested in deploying this solution, once it's working.

Thanks!

- Gerd.