[LON-CAPA-users] comparing submitted answer with ..

Tue, 11 May 2004 10:39:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> > > I like to able to use the student's submitted answer so that I can use
> > that
> > > to provide an appropriate hint, etc. What is the variable name of the
> > > submitted answer?
> >
> >$submission=&EXT("user.resource.resource.$partid.$responseid.submission");
>
> That works. Is there a list of all the calls by the &EXT function? Or what
> is the systematic way of calling the function?

http://s10.lite.msu.edu/res/msu/albertel/test/ext_examples.problem

It isn't exhaustive but it gives an idea of the range and scope and
makes guessing what else is available possible.

> BTW: Why is it resource.resource?

A failure in communication between me and Gerd back in early 2000. :-)

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-3-