[LON-CAPA-users] Organic Chemistry in LON-CAPA and too much guessing

jim maxka lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 05 May 2004 14:43:26 -0700

Well, I just finished my organic chemistry course after writing 106 new
problems -- I can afford to sleep now.  I am working up some statistics,
but I wanted to run something by this list.

What do people think about some kind of warning that states:  "Based on
the large number of incorrect tries you have made, it would be
beneficial for you to get help on this problem."

Even better if the student has to acknowledge this message to procede.

Maybe I made the homework worth too many points, but I saw way too much
playing around  -- there are many differences between general chemistry
and organic chemistry because the number of possilble structures is
somewhat limited.
--jim