[LON-CAPA-users] Can't send com messages to students

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:49:16 -0700

Hi,

I and at least one other course coordinator have had problems sending
com messages to at least some students.

For me, It occurred while sending a broadcast message, after using the
"check for students in group."

I get the following error:

Sending ...
Sending ...HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004
17:38:57 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.12
OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.26 Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type: text/html

and then the request to send more information.  After I fill out the
form and hit "send information" nothing appears to happen.

For the other course coordinator, it appears as though he can't reply to
students that simultaneously sent a message to him, as well as posting
to the resource discussion.

I seem to remember some previous discussion about replies to some
students not working, but I could not uncover it in the archives.  Any
insight would be helpful.  I'm not sure what log files I should start
looking in.  I haven't found anything obvious, yet.

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Lecturer, Department of Physics		Office: Meyer Hall 326