[LON-CAPA-users] greek characters on gnuplot problem

Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:37:36 -0500 (EST)

> Hi, how do I use greek characters on a gnuplot problem? Try the usual
> method <m>, &alpha;, &xmlparse .. but none of them work. Thanks, - hk

Gnuplot is annoying.

- only the postscript output mode has font change support

Thus you can get greek symbols but only on the printed version.

You do this by saying for your title/label etc.

{/Symbol a}

This will change the font to the Symbol font and output an 'a' which is
an alpha in the Symbol font.

But to enable this you will have to turn on 'enhanced mode' in th
epostscript driver.
To do this modify line 1039 of lonplot.pm from

$gnuplot_input .= "set term postscript eps monochrome solid \"Helvetica\" $pt \n";

$gnuplot_input .= "set term postscript enh eps monochrome solid \"Helvetica\" $pt \n";

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-9-