[LON-CAPA-users] Version 1.3.0 Released

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:35:46 -0500

Hi Lars,

> Thanks! You mention that FC3 is supported. Are there any instructions
> available? What I'm looking for is,

The upgrade process has been mentioned a few times on the mailing list
(including once by you):

http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2004-June/000557.html

http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2004-November/000771.html

The Fedora Core 3 installation instructions were just made available
yesterday.  See http://install.loncapa.org for details.

> What set of RPMs are needed for lon-capa?

The LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm lists all the dependencies. If you can install
this your LON-CAPA server is (barring configuration issues) good to go.

> How do I  custom-configure these for lon-capa?
>
> What do I  back-up and restore from my old lon-capa installation.

I believe this is covered reasonably well in the links provided above.  If
not, let me know.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           hallmat3@msu.edu
LON-CAPA developer