[LON-CAPA-users] Surveys

Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:00:58 -0500 (EST)

> > > I've got a question about how survey responses are stored.  In
> > > particular, I understand that survey responses are anonymous, in
> > > that we do not know the particular answers provided by a given
> > > student.
> >
> > Since when??
>
> Hmmm.  Then I guess I've totally misunderstood the purpose of *.survey.
> How, then, is it different from a *.problem?

Basically, no randomization so that all students see the same thing,
and students can submit whatever they want want up to maxtries times

In more detail:

1) problem is never 'correct' or 'incorrect' it is instead marked as
   'ungraded_attempted' on _any_ submission
2) Attempts are described as 'Submissions' not 'Tries'
3) Students can resubmitted answers as many times as they want up to
   whatever maxtries is set to, only the last one is considered to be
   their answer
4) randomization of <foil> order is disabled
5) all <foil>s are displayed even if a max="" has been set in the
   <radiobuttonresponse>
   (<conceptgroup>s still randomly pick a single <foil> though)
6) students can go back to a previous answer and they are not told
   that 'They have submitted that answer before'

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-