[LON-CAPA-users] unique usernames and discussion board

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:28:46 -0600 (MDT)

Mike,

CSM also uses the uniquely assigned email address for each student as the
username.

One possibility that occured to me was the use of the screenname/nickname
fields in "Pref"s.  I just tried it, and it seems that if you give
yourself a new nickname, then your username/domain still shows up.  This
isn't exactly what I expected.  I guess I thought the nickname/screenname
fields would override the display of username/domain for other students.
Thoughts on this one?

One final note, discussion is only broken for ie, using "normal" feedback.
Everything else, including "wysiwyg" editor feedback still seemed to work.

Todd