[LON-CAPA-users] Chemistry Problem Types?

Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:46:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Todd,

> I am giving a talk about LON-CAPA next week, and will be showing it to
> some Chemists.  I'm in physics, but I seem to remember that in 1.3 there
> were "reaction rate" problem types, and I also have recollections of
> that organic molecule builder.

Aye, hoepfully others will respond with specific examples.

But there are two response types specifically geared towards
chemistry.

<reationresponse>

<organicresponse>

and one for display/printing of organic structures

<organicstructure>

If you insert the above tags into a file and play in Edit mode you should be
able to see alot of what it can do.

(The edit mode is a lot of fun to play with)

(We have more planned for 1.3 in the fall but don't quote me on that
just yet.)

> Have some of those features been migrated into other problem types for
> 1.99.3?

You a note,

it is currently 1.1.99.3 and 1.2 is next.

> Just wondering what the status will be for 2.0, so I don't tell
> too many tall tales next week.

There is a 1.1.99.4 comming out _soon_ (tommorrow maybe)

And 1.2.0 is expected on August 16th.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-9-