[LON-CAPA-users] Conceptual physics anyone?

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:49:23 -0400

Hi Lars,

I would recommend to look at Ed Kashy's newer material under

/res/msu/kashy/physicsLib02/

Also, if you point your course to

/res/msu/mmp/lbs271.sequence (first semester)
or
/res/msu/mmp/lbs272.sequence (second semester)

you will see less numerical, and more conceptual stuff than in
phy231c.sequence and phy232c.sequence

Of course the Hewett book does not have the classical kind of "end of
the chapter" problems, which are easily graded by a computer. You might
want to start editing some essay-type problems. If you show
http://www.lon-capa.org/publisher.html to the Little, Brown and Company
book rep, they might be interested in having a problem library
developed to go with their book.

- Gerd.