[LON-CAPA-users] Useful hint

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:20:14 -0700 (PDT)

You have probably noticed this annoying lon-capa behavior (bug 2290):

 * After logout, any remaining bubbles are removed from instructors
   NAV page whether the instructor has visited the page on which the
   bubbles appear, or not.

 * If I enter one lon-capa course (or take an author role), after
   logout, bubbles go away in all other courses. In effect this means
   that every time I login to lon-capa, I need not only check every
   course for new bubbles, but also answer them right away.

In fact,

 * if you do nothing other than login and logout again,  or login and
   answer an e-mail and log out again, then all bubbles in
   all your courses disappear from the NAV pages.

"FIX:"

If you kill the session by closing down the browser, without proper
logout from lon-capa, then next time you return to lon-capa, all bubbles
will be intact.

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen/