[LON-CAPA-users] Help with formatting

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:21:35 -0500

> You can use sprintf to properly format things.

What is sprintf?

> Or

> You can use perl to divide the number up and display it this way.
>
> Let me know if you need full working code.

I think this is the solution I need.  I would appreciate knowing some of
the perl to at least divide the number.  I should be able to figure out
the rest on my own.  Dividing the number up is necessary especially when
you don't know where the decimal point will show in your randomly
generated number.

I was hope TeX would have something easy for this, but I guess most
people don't write elementary math text in TeX.

Thanks!
--
Felicia Berryman
LON-CAPA Coordinator