[LON-CAPA-users] surveys

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:01:31 -0700

Hi Guy,
I was just wondering further about the following subject, raised by Nathan...

> > 	Is there a way to conduct a survey using LON-CAPA?
>
> There is the problem type 'urvey'
>
> it is currently operational only for <radiobuttonresponse> style
> problems but currently there is no good interface to extracting the
> data.

Several timely questions come to my mind:

1) How difficult would it currently be to extract such data?
2) Can one still associate points with whether or not a response was
submitted, just like ordinary problems, except that all responses are
"correct"?  (I'd like to use this to "force" surveys in my running courses.)
3) If I created a radiobuttonresponse survey and ran it this month, would
there be any kind of interface (or at least procedure) for extracting the
possible)?

Cheers,
Ray