[LON-CAPA-users] DOCs breakage again

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:53:37 -0800

Well...
when the course was created I chose an existing sequence to be the top
level sequence.  I subsequently decided to replace that by removing it
and "loading" it again in docs so that the sequences that are within
will show independently in DOCS.  I performed both those operations
before clicking on "re-initialize" role.  At that point it returns me
to a DOCs screen which only shows the supplementary course documents
options and not the Main course sequence.  I recall Guy showing me
where, using a linux shell, to go to fix this kind of situation, but it
escapes my memory now.  I'm going to keep poking around for awhile so
if you know what I should be looking for I'd be glad of some
direction...but it is not a panic because this is a course I am about
to set up, not one that is running.

However, if DOCS is supposed to be the "user-friendly" interface, then
this kind of thing should never happen (i.e. it should be "Ray-proof").

Cheers,
Ray