[LON-CAPA-users] chem problems

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:20:40 -0800

Lars and anyone else interested in finding chemistry resources,

When I first saw this and Felicia's response, my  reaction was that I also
have found it difficult to  understand how this search engine works.
Does the default search only on keywords?
Also, if I go to the advanced search and conduct a search over all domains, it
always hangs on certain certain servers which do not respond.
Be that as it may....
Something that I should point out about my own resources is that, from the
time I started, I did not interpret the metadata item "Subject" to mean
Discipline but something much more specific.  Thus you will hardly ever find
my resources if you asked for "Chemistry" as the "Subject:".
On the other hand, I have almost always included "Chemistry" in the "Notes:".

In the broad context, it now seems very odd that I did that.  I suppose that I
may have to change this practice and start using "Subject: Chemistry"|.

Cheers,
Ray