[LON-CAPA-users] URGENT: CVS update breaks schubert

Sun, 5 May 2002 07:19:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lars,

> After the update I noticed that the remote looked different (in IE 5.5)
> - the black background with the logo and the blinking light didn't load.
>
> Why would this happen?

I still see the correct remote with multiple different version of
Netscape on both Linux and Mac. ( I don't have an IE at home to test
with.)

> Also, when I did the CVS update I received a warning that there were
> errors in my access.conf and loncapa.conf. I replaced them with the ones
> in the lplmnew extension /etc/httpd/conf directory before I restarted
> httpd and loncontrol. Why did I need to do this?

Because of fundamental changes in the placement of some of the
webserver directives.

We wanted to make sure we didn't overwrite any custom changes a user
had made in these files, and also to allow the user to inspect what
changes we wanted and to either accept what we suggested or to go with
their own version of the changes.

--
albertel@msu.edu        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-8-7-  O-