[LON-CAPA-users] sample problems

Sun, 5 May 2002 07:16:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lars,

> Does this mean that we should wait doing formula response problems?

I expect an valid problem constructed today should work well in the
future, it just will allow a greater latitude in what the student is
allowed to input.

> The present setup really won't work.

Several other universities have found it sufficient.

> I read from your message that when
> mupad is implemented the format for writing formula response problems will
> be different (and include implied multiplication).

I expect there will be a newer better interface to accept wider array
of formula response styles and types.

I also fully expect the current mechanism to continue to work
unchanged.

As for implied mulitplication, it is a bad idea to accept it as it is
an unclear mechanism, as to whether r not MuPad supports it in some, I
don't know.

--
albertel@msu.edu        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-8-7-  O-