[LON-CAPA-users] tables

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:36:41 -0500

Hello,

One of my students came in with help on converting CAPA tables to
LON-CAPA tables.  I called to Guy to find the best method and he said
either html tables or latex tables are fine.  If you go with the latex
table, wrap the <m> tag around it and make sure eval="on" if the table
has variables.

One other thing, PLEASE try to use the <th> tag if you use html tables.
If you highlight a table with your mouse, you will notice that rows get
highlighted across first then down.  This is the order that a table is
read by a screen reader and might not make much sense read out loud.  If
you use the <th> tag for table headers, the column header will be read
before each item.  For example:

ONE		TWO
red		blue
fast		slow
hot		cold

Will be read:

ONE red TWO blue ONE fast TWO slow ONE hot TWO cold.

This will help keep your problems accessible to the W3C guidlines.

Felicia
--
Felicia Berryman
LON-CAPA Coordinator