[LON-CAPA-users] Item-property problem

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:24:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> No quite what I was expecting. Is there a way to do it the old fashion way
> so that the properties are also randomized and the items and properties are
> listed in a table?

You can convert a CAPA problem and it will work, (Meaning
programatically defing an item list and randomizing it, and
progamatically defining a properties list, selecting a subset of them
and display them randomized, works, you can then make <stringresponse>
compare and grade correct and incorrect responses off a string list.)

<script> can do a heck of a lot.

However we have defined a XML markup of what a item / properties
problem should look like but it hasn't yet been implemented.

The design is

<itemresponse>
  <itemgroup>
    <item name="item1">
    </item>
    <item name="item2">
    </item>
  </itemgroup>
  <foilgroup>
    <foil name="foil1" value="item1">
    </foil>
  </foilgroup>
</itemresponse>

And then LON-capa would handle the randomization / foil selection,
creating a 2 tables of item to map onot each other and checking that
the mapping is correct/incorrect

Sound like a workable design?
--
albertel@msu.edu        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS