[LON-CAPA-users] Re: [LON-CAPA-dev] Publisher Problems

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:23:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi-

	I realize this has probably been beaten around a good deal, but
for those of us more geographically distant -

The solution below regarding copyrights on libraries infers that I will
publish the serway library for access at Ohio University only. If Lars
selects Serway as his local text, he will then republish the library at
TMCC in order to have access.

Don't get me wrong - I think the copyright option will be very useful for
other reasons and is a desirable thing. Our own universities may impose
some restrictions on the availability of our resources system-wide (I try
not to think about such issues for the time being). There may also be some
resources that I would like to have available locally, but would like to
test extensively before releasing to the full community.

As regards something as large as the problem libraries, is there any
consideration for allowing an option of multiple domains? Or a domain list
that gets interpreted dynamically (so that the problems do not need to be
republished when adding a school to the domain?).

						Mark