[Lon-capa-users] tth (again)

Scott Harrison lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:59:07 -0500

> Sorry about bringing this up again, but I couldn't make sense of the
> documentation in the loncapa doc directory.

Dear Lars:

The status of the 'doc' directory; I know that there is
a real problem here.  (One day I sent out over 50 e-mails...
e-mails that would not have to be sent if 'doc' was
better for system administrators.)

To answer your question:

You need to double-check 2 files:
<source>loncom/xml/tth.pm</source>
<target dist='default'>usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/tth.pm</target>
perl module for invoking functions specific to TeX-to-HTML conversion

and this file
<source>modules/TexConvert/tthperl/tth.so</source>
ALSO AVAILABLE AT http://install.lon-capa.org/3.1/binaries/tth.so
<target dist='default'>usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/tth.so</target>
shared library file for dynamic loading and unloading

(Again, we cannot currently distribute the tth.so compilation
sources tthfunc.c and ttmfunc.c.)

If you would like to preview and offer specific suggestions for
the newer system administration site, please visit
http://mycrow.mph.msu.edu/docs/ (you need the trailing slash).

This tth question is #1 in the faq.  (No one will be happier than
me when 'doc' is renovated.)

Regards,
Scott
LON-CAPA volunteer