[LON-CAPA-users] CVS upgrade info? Where?

Scott Harrison lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:57:43 -0400

Dear Dr. Jensen:

There is no "upgrade" cvs command.  I assume you
mean "update".

cvs update -d -r STABLE
                         is the best to use.

After using it once,
cvs update -d
              will have the same effect.

This is based on the CVS philosophy of sticky tags:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/cvs-1.9/html_node/cvs_52.html

To be most reliable, you are correct to use:
cvs update -d -r STABLE

Regards,
Scott