[LON-CAPA-dev] I18N and dates

Jeremy Bowers lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:01:49 -0500

I don't see anything in Locale::Maketext about dates. What's the state
of the art on dates?

For instance, the Navmap returns due dates and such. For the "humanTime"
function that converts dates into "1 hour and 49 minutes from now", I'd
like my first internationalization cut to be "If English, use current
function, if not English, just display the date in the correct Locale
format." but I don't know how to do that last bit.

(If I'm not mistaken, Locale::Maketext can handle the full power of the
humanTime function but will require a bit more knowlege from the
translator; I like a bit more experience in I18N before tackling that.)