[LON-CAPA-dev] Mixing server versions

Mark Lucas lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:03:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Just a kicked in the head question about servers.

I have 1 library server (oucapa2) and two access servers (oucapa7 and
oucapa10).

I normally point loncapa.phy.ohiou.edu to capa7 and capa10, but for the
first half of the summer, I'll be using capa2 as both library and access
running 0.6.2.

My intention is to kick capa7 and capa10 up at my leisure to 0.99.X.
When it comes to running for second summer session, when it's my neck on
the line, not someone elses, I'll then bump oucapa2 up to the accepted
fairly stable release du jour.

How dangerous would it be to take capa7 and capa10 up to 0.99.2 and
run them as access servers against a 0.6.2 library server?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701