[LON-CAPA-dev] extracting usage stat

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:07:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> Hi, how does one extract the usage and number of courses (bug 1357) using a
> given problem?

Take a look at lonmeta.pm, the dynamicmeta subroutine.

It is doing a dump of the nohist_resevaldata database with a regexp of
the resource the person is interested in.

It then splits up the returns, you probably shoudl do a get against
the nohist_resevaldata database for the particular item you want.
The count item is number of accesses, and course is a course using the
the resource.

Right now it is very expensive to get this data, I think we may need
to move to storing this data in one of the mysql caches, probably on
the library server and periodically updating it.

> Also, can lonnavmaps allow the part type to be extracted?

I am not sure what you mean by part type. Parts don't have a type. . .

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-1-