[LON-CAPA-dev] active/expired students

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:22:22 -0500 (EST)

Hon-Kie,

>Can someone clarify what is meant by expired students?
"expired" actually refers to the role of a student in a course.  Each role
has a duration, so once the final date for the role has occured the student is
considered 'expired'.  Unfortunately the code thinks that anyone who does not
have an active role has been 'expired'.  Thus a student whose role has not yet
become active will be considered 'expired'.

>How is that different from dropped students?
Every dropped student is 'expired', but not every 'expired' student has been
dropped.

>Also, where is the information saved?
The students roles.db file and the courses classlist.db file.

>And how can I retrieve it?
Use &Apache::loncoursedata::get_classlist for this.  See lonspreadsheet.pm,
lonstatistics.pm, and londropadd.pm for sample invocations.

Even if you just want one students data you should probably use get_classlist.
If we find it takes too long, I can work on a single student retrieval method.

>Thanks,
Not a problem!

Matthew

Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         hallmat3@msu.edu
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University