[LON-CAPA-dev] mod_perl 2.0

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:47:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

Some fun stuff:

1) current shipping version is 1.99_08

With such fun commits as:
'fix delete $ENV{$key} bug'

2) Apache:DBI Change Log:
0.90_02 January 10, 2003

        - Changes to make Apache::DBI load and function under mod_perl
          2.0.  A few important notes: connect_on_init does not work
	  yet and there's no automatic RollBack cleanup handler when
	  autocommit is turned

3) Another random comment:
>> > Can't locate Apache/Constants.pm in @INC ....
>> >
>> > I've learned in mod_perl 2 that Apache::Constants was replaced by
>> > 3 new classes (Apache::Const,APR::Const,Modperl::Const).

Looks like it isn't going to be a simple change.

I think we will first need to generate an 8.0 install script that
removes apache 2.0, and mod_perl1.99 and installs a 1.3 apache + 1.X
mod_perl

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-4-