[LON-CAPA-dev] surveys and resources in general

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:14:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mark,

> In a more general sense this would just be a resource that an instructor
> attaches to a course, but instead of the student filling it in, the
> instructor fills it in.

Hrrm, we sort of have a resource/method of doing this but perhaps it
needs more fleshing out.

We have the <dataresponse> response type, which is only allowed to be
answered by a user who has the mgr permission (Modify grades) but logs
it against a specific user. It might not be completely funtional right
now.

It allows one to create a a specific entry in the SPRS, and is how we
envisioned adding more new data fields to the SPRS

The other method is the 'handgrade' attribute, which tries to specify
that a resource is it be graded by hand, as opposed to the computer
grading it.

I think extending on of these might work for your purposes. . .

> An resource or map might be tagged as:
> - writeable by user
> - writeable by course coordinator
> - writeable by either

I would highly suggest basing things like this off of a role
permission rather than a role.

So either writable by a user with mgr, or by a user without mgr, or
both. (Or maybe a new role attribute)

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-4-