[LON-CAPA-dev] nohist_resevaldata?

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 08:53:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi Scott,

> > > What does 'nohist_resevaldata' mean?
> > >

> > > Guess = "No history of resource evaluation"
> >
> > Namespaces that begin with nohist_ will not have a .hist file
> > generated for every value that ever changes.
>
> I need an example here.  Namespace = http://somewhere/nohist_ ??????????

Sorry, namespace as defined in lonnet.pm since most accesses to the
nohist_resevaldata takes place through Apache::lonnet::(dump,put,get)

As it is currently used internally is always the name of the .db file
that the data is being stored in, gotten from.

> Can you outline a functional use of nohist_resevaldata?
>
> For example,
> Joe asks server something and nohist_resevaldata is used to
> provide...???
>
> The server updates nohist_resevaldata when...???

Sure

line 852 of lonproblemstatics.pm stores a computed 'Degree of
Difficulty' for a homework problem with the homework problem

Additionaly, lonevaluate.pm stores the data submitted by the a student
the evaluates the quality of the resource, and any comments the user
has.

lonmeta.pm (which display a resource's metadata when a user clicks on
the 'CAT' button) gets a dump of the resources and then displays it.

And by far the most common element is that every single time a user
request to view a resource, that request is logged along with the
course the user was in. (This is a bit harder to trace, but if you
follow the courselog and flushcourselog code you can see where it
happens. There is good reason for it to be so circuitous.)

Let me know if you need any more information.
--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-7-5-  O-