[LON-CAPA-dev] Nearly there

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 13:45:46 -0500

Hi Guy:

Some small suggestions (note that the /home/loninst/public_html/3.1/
directory is almost completely deprecated).
(Also, note that I have updated install.lon-capa.org web-site
to conform with the 3.5 release of systemperl.)

> 2) Verify that you have version 3.5 of the LON-CAPA-sytemperl rpm
>    installed
>
> $ rpm -q LON-CAPA-systemperl
> LON-CAPA-systemperl-3.5-1
>
> If it doesn't say that you will need to install it:

**** FIX **** (grammatical)
Perhaps...
"If 'rpm -q LON-CAPA-systemperl' does not show you to have systemperl
 version 3.5-1", then you will need to install it"

**** FIX **** (might point at website)
Then visit instructions at:
http://install.lon-capa.org/docs/downloads/index.html#resources

**** FIX ****  Should be
http://install.loncapa.org/resources/LON-CAPA-systemperl-3.5-1.i386.rpm

**** FIX ****  Should be
http://install.loncapa.org/resources/LON-CAPA-systemperl-3.5-rh7.i386.rpm

> 4) We will be withdrawing support for RedHat 6.2 in the next release
>    please update your systems to RedHat 7.3
Yes!

Regards,
Scott