[LON-CAPA-dev] possible roles for new users

Mark Lucas lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:20:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi -

	I am looking at the creation of new users. At the bottom of the
page there is a huge table of courses for which the new user can be made
course coordinator, student, instructor, etc....

	I continue to have a large number of blank entries there (no
course title). I figured these were leftovers from the fact that I had a
number of deceased courses from poorly executed moves in the early
installations.

	In looking more closely, it seems to actually be related to the
co-author roles that I have.

	The user lucas has a lot of different roles: co-author on about 10
users, course coordinator for a number of courses, student, domain
coordinator, and author. It seems that when building this table, the
included courses are those in my environment over which I have change?
(cm?) privileges.

	I not only have cm privilege over courses, but also over other
users. So these get listed in the hash %inccourse in loncreateuser.pm.
When it comes time to spit out the table, I get student, course
coordinator, instructor lines for each coauthor account.

	Am I reading this correctly? If so, I'll put in a bug report.

	Should the domain coordinator have the ability to add co-authors
to users for which it itself has co-authors?

						Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701