[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: [LON-CAPA-cvs] cvs: loncom /lonnet/perl lonnet.pm

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:57:47 -0500 (EST)

> Thirty minutes is indeed far too much buffer time!!! Instructors often change
> deadlines, etc, to satisfy courses if something goes kaputt. This needs to stay in
> the 5 minute realm.

Actually it will check for changes.

This affects only the case where

1) the student hasn't any student specific parameters in any course
2) the instructor adds a parameter
3) the student doesn't log out and log back in during those 30
minutes.

So in some sense it is faster because it will cause it to take affect
as soon as a student logs out and logs back in.

But if you want to chop it down go right ahead.
--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-7-7-  O-