[LON-CAPA-dev] port 80

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:39:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi Scott,

> Regarding
> http://help.loncapa.org/fom/cache/198.html
>
> Does LON-CAPA source code require port 80, or is that requirement
> simply an artefact of a regular apache configuration?
>
> In other words, can the apache configuration be modified, and will
> http://somewhere.edu:8080/ work just fine?

Some info first

1) loncapa now runs 2 webservers
2) the aux. webserver runs on 8080 and serves up the remote control
images
3) there are areas in the login where we build the URL and I know we
don't look at the port number

For the first question, we have some small portions of the code make
assumptions about not needing to specify a port

For the second question, 8080 specifically won't work, and no not
easily.

--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-7-7-  O-