[LON-CAPA-dev] too many binaries in cvs repository

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 22:41:02 -0500

Plaintext files inside modules directory: 2.9 megabytes
Binary files inside modules directory: 2.5 megabytes
Plaintext files for the loncapa cvs checkout: 11.4 megabytes
Binary files for the loncapa cvs checkout: 16.5 megabytes

30+ megabytes across 1600+ files and 133 directories.

I understand now is not the time for reorganization.  But when
it is time, the benefits of a well-structured source code base
could be significant both in terms of portability and the ability
to remember and intuitively find which files to work on.
(And hitting a solid structure sooner rather than later reduces
problems....)