[LON-CAPA-dev] Using a loncapa.conf variable

Mark Lucas lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:05:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

	I want to reference a variable in LON-CAPA conf, such as
lonHostID.

	What is the explicit protocol?

I see references to $perlvar in lonnet.pm

I see usage of $r->dir_config('lonHostID') elsewhere (which requires
 the presence of $r).

What are the other options (if any) for access? Any that do not require
the use of the request handle?

(I want to reference one of these variables in a routine within loncommon
and currently the handle is not passed into this routine).

						Thanks,
						    Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701