[LON-CAPA-dev] firewall question (a monthly periodical?)

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:04:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Scott,

> > RedHat 7.3 does, and it mainly gets it wrong.
>
> Then iptables works perfectly in my experience.

I didn't mean wrong as in not working, I meant wrong in that the
default installed setup interferes with the proper operation on
LONCAPA, (I.E. it blocks ports 5663 etc)

> LON-CAPA could be helpful but decidedly neutral.  Similar to what we
> now do with samba and appletalk.

If you want to write a nice iptables rule set to include, go right
ahead.

--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-8-2-  O-