[LON-CAPA-dev] cvs server on zaphod down

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:55:00 -0400 (EDT)

Actually, Zaphod was down entirely :(  Hardware failure - kernel lost context
(or something similar).  If it happens again we'll try going back to 256M of
RAM.  Then we'll try a new CPU.  Then we'll take a vacation and never return
to the snowy swamps of Michigan again.

On a related note, Dell is appearantly getting rid of their P3 servers, so now
might be the time to buy a few more rackmountable ones.

Matthew

> > Hi, > > I've
noticed
that for at least
1am-4am the loncapa cvs server > on zaphod (install.lon-capa.org) is down.