[LON-CAPA-dev] Do not call your domain "uploaded"

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:41:17 -0400

Actually, a domain should also not be called "priv".

Our top-level URL components now are

priv/username - construction space (local machine only)
adm - LON-CAPA stuff
res/adm - more LON-CAPA stuff, but behind login. At some point the plan
was (and maybe still is) to make a domain "adm" and user "includes" to be
able to replicate and distribute libraries more quickly
res/domain/username - published resource space ("res" frequently assumed
by default and also frequently stripped off when storing references and
symbs)
uploaded/domain/username - these are user-provided docs, not published
(need to call tokenwrapper to get from other machine)