[LON-CAPA-dev] New STABLE message

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 09 May 2002 14:19:18 -0400

Dear All:

I think it is out-of-context (why must I be totally right
all the time and everyone else be wrong?) :).

I think a message about a "new release" should be kept separate
from a message about vanilla interactivity.

On the one hand, you want to inform people about the nuts and guts
(and their improvements).

On the other hand, you want to clearly tell them about
*** WHAT TO LOOK AT ***.  People need as much help as possible in
this regard.

Sort of like, "I want my coursepack of details" and "I want the
professor telling me what I should pay attention to".

(Speaking of, is it vanilla as in vanilla icing or manilla
as in manila folder?  I looked online and our "vanilla/manila"
terminology isn't as common as one might expect.)

Shoot.  I am making perfect sense.  Right?

Regards,
Scott