[LON-CAPA-dev] redefining components on bugzilla

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 04 May 2002 20:30:27 -0400

Dear All:

A non-mission-critical update. The following three bugzilla
components have been redefined. Instead of
"Installation" we now have "Filesystem Handling".

Also, I wanted to better describe the (useful) difference
between "Filesystem Handling" versus "System Administration".

Documentation
-------------
Documenting user functionality from the
top-level interface down to, algorithmically,
what each software component does.

Filesystem Handling
-------------------
Controlling a computer system where every
single file, directory, and link can be fully
and continuously accounted for and instantaneously
updated from the LON-CAPA software source tree.
Additionally, this software component includes
the handling of software packages. For RedHat,
packages are RPMS. For Debian, packages are DPKGS.

System Administration
Scripts and interfaces to handle the configuration, monitoring, network
services, data backups, and process status on a LON-CAPA server.

Regards,
Scott

--
Scott Harrison -- Graduate Student