[LON-CAPA-dev] valid installation xml

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:36:12 -0400

Dear All:

lpml.dtd now verifies loncapafiles.lpml (another wonderful
millimeter of progress for the whole project...jump for joy!).

Question: Does anybody know of a better perl-based XML validator
other than XML::DOM::ValParser?

Till then, lpml.dtd will have to be fairly primitive;
I would like to do more with ENTITY elements, the
way html.dtd does, but alas, it is only now that
XML validation seems fairly good for perl and a lot
still needs to happen at cpan.org.

Python-based validators have been much more robust over
the last year or so, however I really try to reduce
dependencies with the installation/compilation.
(I do not want to install software to install software.)

Hence, I stick with perl.
Again, loncom/build/lpml.dtd is not that critical...
for now.

Regards,
Scott

--